1. The third of four children, Millie Bobby Brown was born in Marbella, Spain. When Millie was around 4 years old, their English parents, Kelly and Robert Brown, relocated the family back to England.
2. Millie is deaf in one ear; she was born with just partial hearing on one side before finally losing all of it. As a result, she learnt how to adapt to a challenging situation at a young age.
3. After Millie decided she wanted to pursue acting at age 8, the Browns packed up and moved to Orlando, Florida.
A talent scout who spotted the youngster at a showcase said that it would be a good idea to get Millie out to Los Angeles after she enrolled in performing arts classes, booked some commercials (including a geographically friendly Disney World spot), and scheduled some performances.
At the age of nine, Millie received her first IMDb credit for a two-episode arc as “Young Alice” in the brief-lived Once Upon a Time in Wonderland on ABC. She was actually so excellent in one episode that they specifically wrote another one with the character in it to bring her back.
RELATED: Jake And Millie Bobby Brown
4. She received the call to audition for this new Netflix series, Stranger Things, while she was living in England once more and filming the BBC drama Intruders. She remembered the initial audition, which was “very emotional,” to IndieWire in 2016. She was given phoney scenes to work on during the latter rounds of the casting process so she wouldn’t have to reveal any specifics of the drama-filled turns and shocks, according to series producers Matt and Ross Duffer.
Brown made the decision to relocate immediately away to Atlanta, where the majority of the show is shot.
5. Her mother was more concerned than Milie was about the idea of her 12-year-old daughter shaving her head for the crucial role of Eleven, a youngster who escapes from the confines of a facility where she is being exposed to traumatic tests that have given her telekinetic abilities. When the Duffers explained they were going for a Charlize Theron-in-Mad Max: Fury Road atmosphere, the actress was really convinced on the concept.
6. To prepare for the tone of Stranger Things, Millie and her fellow young co-stars were told to study the 1980s classics Goonies, Poltergeist, and Stand By Me, which combine humour, horror, psychological drama, and lessons about love, family, and friendship.
7. Brown’s first kiss was with Eleven when he kissed Mike, played by Finn Wolfhard. He claims that I wasn’t [his first kiss], but I definitely think I was, Millie teased her co-star in a statement to Variety.
8. When the Stranger Things cast won Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series in 2017, Millie became a SAG Award winner at the age of 12.
Additionally, Brown has received two separate nominations for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series.
9. A few months later, at the age of 13, she was nominated for her first of two Emmys for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series. She didn’t win, but throughout the years, she’s brought home a lot of congratulatory selfies. (The series also took home five Emmys in 2017 for outstanding casting and other technical achievements.)
10.Brown lost out to Dafne Keen for the role of Laura in the X-Men-related Logan, but it didn’t take long for her franchise potential to emerge.
13-year-old Brown makes her big-screen debut in the 2019 films Godzilla: King of the Monsters and Godzilla vs. Kong as Madison Russell, the adventurous daughter of divorced scientists played by Kyle Chandler and Vera Farmiga.
With the upcoming Enola Holmes 2—a sequel to the well-received Netflix original featuring Millie as Sherlock’s cunning sister—she is now the star of her own franchise.